Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  By continuing to use the forum you are agreeing to the updated Forum Rules. If you do not agree with the updated Forum Rules you may close your account.
  HomeHelpSearchMember MapLoginRegister ASSRA HomePage  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Wickliffe Rifle (Read 9718 times)
Cumberland Armory
Junior Forum Member

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
The Wickliffe Rifle
Nov 29th, 2009 at 11:11pm

Hello
My name is J.R.Kirchoff. I have recently purchased The Wickliffe  Rifle Company. I will begin production in late spring of 2010. The rifle will
me crafted in its ORIGINAL configuration as well as several modified forms.
The name of my company is The Cumberland Armory and I have not as yet established a facility. I will post any updates to this forum as
time permits.
This forum seems to represent a great community and I am pleased to become a member!
Regards
J.R.

Jerry R. Kirchoff

IP Logged

quinrogers

Re: The Wickliffe Rifle
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 10:16am

Any plans on making a rimfire variant for us single shot loving silhouette shooters?

IP Logged

Cumberland Armory
Junior Forum Member

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 3:05pm

Hi Quin, yes, I do plan on reworking the block to handle rimfire in various calibers.
Jerry

Jerry R. Kirchoff

IP Logged

Fred in Boise

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 10:26pm

Hope you can scale the action for a lightweight stalking rifle.  Ten to 12 pounds is too much for me to hump anymore!

25-35, 30-30, etc. would be great in a 6.5  pounder!

Thanks for your enterprize--this rifle should not be allow to die.

Wink

IP Logged

StrawHat
Full Forum Member

NE Ohio, USA
Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 6:49am

I will be interested in seeing this come to fruition.  A lightweight woods rifle would be interesting.

(Looks like Fred needs to cut out the caffine before posting!) Wink

Any unshared knowledge taken to the grave is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

IP Logged

Cumberland Armory
Junior Forum Member

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 11:56am

Hi Fred, sorry for the delay. A light weight woods rifle would be nice. The receiver is what it is, heavy. The only way to cut weight is with barrel and stock type!
Jerry

Jerry R. Kirchoff

IP Logged

creedmoormatch
Frequent Elocutionist

Newcastle-on-Tyne, USA
Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 1:33pm

Hello Jerry at Cumberland Armory:

Great to make your acquaintance and a big friendly welcome to the A.S.S.R.A. Forum.

It is very encouraging to learn that you have picked up the rights to the Wickliffe design S.S. and will have it in production in the not too distant future.  I like your demonstrated courage to undertake this project in what is definitely difficult economic times.  My hat's off to you, Jerry.

I hope you find your experiences here at the Forum worthwhile.  I know Forum is going to be looking forward for news about the project as time goes on.

If you'll allow me, let me put in a plug for the schuetzen favorite, the 32-40 WCF caliber, when you begin to make those kinds of decisions.

Have a great day, and again, " Welcome " from the rest of the guys!

Creedmoormatch

IP Logged

Cumberland Armory
Junior Forum Member

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 5:05pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. The process of re-building the Wick
will be slow, baby steps, with the fewest possible errors.
By late spring or early summer I hope to have the first builds which
include a new stock style. Not a lot of flash but loaded with function.
The Wicks in my collection were built  by Triple S with Mr. Tom Kocis
at the helm. They are solid shooters! I can do little to improve on the
action and have no intentions to do so.
Thanx again
Jerry

Jerry R. Kirchoff

IP Logged

GUNSMITH
Full Forum Member

apollo, USA
Reply #8 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 4:43pm

It is an honor to communicate with you. As I was formerly in with the former owner, showing him how to build his rifles, and making several for him and his family, I would like you to know my services are available. My phone is 724594 5751. I will help in any way I can. I hape Tom Kocis is helping you also. If you need Tom Kocis' phone number, call me. I would just like to see this get off the ground in an honest way.
John Duncan

Here is a picture of the one we built. photo by Richard Breymeier,Jeannette Pa. He does wonderful photos of firearms
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2010 at 1:21pm by GUNSMITH »  

IP Logged

Set_Trigger
Senior Forum Member

USA, USA
Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:50pm

Wait a minute, aren't you the guy that tried to screw over one of the members here and then told everyone that you were the real owner of the  Wickliffe Rifle Co. then told everyone that our primers were going to self destruct so we should not stock up on a lot of them.

Jerry, be very careful of this guy. Check out a few of his past messages and you will see what I'm talking about.
  S T

IP Logged

ssdave
Oldtimer

Reply #10 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 3:28pm

I'm editing this post as it has reached it's intended audience, and met it's original purpose.  I don't want to contribute to turning this thread into a fiasco like the last ones.

Jerry, I wish you the best of luck on the Wickliffe's.  I think they're a great action for what they were intended, a super strong, reliable single shot for modern high pressure cartridges.  I'd like to see you get this venture off the ground and producing another great single shot for our use.  If you can get rid of the block safety, I might buy one when you get them into production.

dave
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2010 at 10:43am by ssdave »  

IP Logged

Brozbows
Full Forum Member

Reply #11 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 10:46pm

Not so pretty rifle with a not so pretty history... how many times has this thing changed hands now?

IP Logged

GUNSMITH
Full Forum Member

apollo, USA
Reply #12 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 8:12pm

The primer issue is still out there. I was only telling what I knew, and was told. Time will tell if I was right.
Yes I formerly had the permission from Mr.Ondrus, and Tom Kocis to make the rifles.Mr.Ondrus was going to furnish me with the parts, until he changed his mind. We had a verbal agreement. I built the 4 guns for him and his family, showed his machinist how to cut the barrels for the extractors,the proper way to install the barrels,helped to assemble 25 for him at a gunsmiths residence in Ohio,and helped him with the stocks when his stockmaker messed them up.  I was the person he recomended to work on the guns for his customers.I was a gentleman on this forum, until I felt ganged up on. I was only interested in other people that were in love with these guns as much as I was.  The only reason I did not continue the company was the red tape from the government, and the bad time I had on this forum. I hope Jerry has an easier time.
I hope I can help him in the future.

IP Logged

Fred in Boise

Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2010 at 9:36pm

I think the model I like is the "plains rifle."  Looks to be a Low-Wall type action rather than the larger one. Hope you produce one in 25/35, 30/30, 260Rem, etc. for us "stalkers."

thanks and good luck!

IP Logged

semtav
Full Forum Member

Reply #14 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 7:33pm

Its been two years. How is the project coming?

I have one that I plan to have rebarreled to 40-72 sometime in the future.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print