Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  By continuing to use the forum you are agreeing to the updated Forum Rules. If you do not agree with the updated Forum Rules you may close your account.
  HomeHelpSearchMember MapLoginRegister ASSRA HomePage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pedersoli 1874 Sharps 22 lr rimfire (Read 6095 times)
Duett
Junior Forum Member

Kotka, Finland
Pedersoli 1874 Sharps 22 lr rimfire
Feb 24th, 2010 at 1:29pm

There have been some discussion about 22 lr rounds lately and I happen to notice that Pedersoli have been working to make a rimfire version of a 1874 Sharps rifle. See at the bottom of the page:

http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/?item=ArmiCategoriaDettaglio&CategoriaId=260&lan...

What do you think about the looks? I´m very interested in this because we don`t have too many Sharps rifles overhere… At least the barrels should be ok (Lothar Walther).

I hope they will make a 22lr High Wall some day…

IP Logged

Rich_Siegel
Full Forum Member

Maine, Maine, USA
Re: Pedersoli 1874 Sharps 22 lr rimfire
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2010 at 8:33pm

I took delivery of a C Sharps 1875 rifle in 22 LR in December.  I really like the rifle but getting my fingers to insert the 22 in the big barrel (even though it's a standard weigth barrel) takes some getting use to.  The '74 action is even bigger.
Rich

IP Logged

oldbluelight
Full Forum Member

East Tennessee, Tennessee, USA
Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2010 at 8:53pm

It looks interesting. I sure hope that they gave some serious thought to the placement of the palm rest. Fourteen and half pounds total weight might be hard to handle if they didn't. Also some questions as to how the fall of that large hammer may impact hold and follow-through. But it is 'purty' sho' 'nuf.

IP Logged

CajunRebel
Full Forum Member

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 7:44am

I've been looking for a 22LR rifle also.  Both C.Sharps and Uberti have a low-wall, which makes it easier to insert those little cartridges.  I like the looks of the Uberti "Schuetzen" with the DST and spur-lever, but I understand you can't fire the rifle unless you first set the trigger.  That sucks!  Plus, the cost is close to the C.Sharps and their are a few other issues... it may or not be a close race.  C.Sharps has a 22LR LW on their For Sale list now (~ $3200).

IP Logged

830singleshot
Junior Forum Member

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 8:28pm

The Uberti is a very nice looking low wall with the double sets and the schuetzen lever(availible new for under $1000.00).  What I don't understand is why there seems to be such a problem with the chamber.  A friend of mine bought one and when fired it would not extract because the chamber was so enlarged and rough.  It was sent to the Uberti rep who after about 3 months rebarreled it.  When it came back, it shot terrible.  When a chamber cast was done, the chamber was so long it looked like a 22 mag would go in.  He has now set the barrel back and rechambered with a match reamer and recrowned the barrel.  It looks like it is going to be a nice offhand rifle but it shouldn't be this hard to get there.
Scott

J. Scott McCash&&New Braunfels, TX&&830-237-2376&&jsmccash@yahoo.com

IP Logged

jlwwade
Junior Forum Member

North GA, Georgia, USA
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2010 at 10:50pm

The Uberti Schuetzen would be nice, but I was told by Taylor's & Co. that it would take about a year or so to get one.
I have converted a few S lever single trigger uberti low walls to the helm lever double set trigger, and yes they are single phase only. Meaning they will only fire when set. It never ceases to amaze me why they always stop short of making something really nice. The parts are available from VTI but are a bit pricey. This was done before the double set guns were being imported. It seams no one has enough sense to bring in the Schuetzen.

James

IP Logged

1875SharpsShooter
Junior Forum Member

West Virginia, West Virginia, USA
Reply #6 - Mar 7th, 2010 at 7:21pm

Does anyone know who  is  importing these ???

SS

IP Logged

jlwwade
Junior Forum Member

North GA, Georgia, USA
Reply #7 - Mar 7th, 2010 at 10:03pm

Buffalo Arms has the sporting rifle listed in several calibers

1885 Low Wall Sporting PG DST Rifle 30" 22LR
Firearms / 1885 Low Wall Sporting Rifles

Item #: CA8050SET01
CLICK HERE TO VIEW LARGER IMAGE OF 1885 RIFLE

Your Price:  $1,004.00 / EACH

IP Logged

1875SharpsShooter
Junior Forum Member

West Virginia, West Virginia, USA
Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2010 at 2:07pm

jlwwade wrote on Mar 7th, 2010 at 10:03pm:
Buffalo Arms has the sporting rifle listed in several calibers

1885 Low Wall Sporting PG DST Rifle 30" 22LR
Firearms / 1885 Low Wall Sporting Rifles

Item #: CA8050SET01
CLICK HERE TO VIEW LARGER IMAGE OF 1885 RIFLE

Your Price:  $1,004.00 / EACH

Yes I realize BA has the Low Wall, but the question was who is importing the Pedersoli  22 rimfire version of a 1874 Sharps rifle.

Questioning Questioning Questioning Questioning

SS

IP Logged

grizz47

Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Reply #9 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 8:00pm

Very interested in the Pedersoli .22 Sharps Huh Bench Rest or  Scheibenstutzen. However before laying down $2K for a .22 I need to know it can shoot like an Anschutz or at least very close. I've got an old  Rolling Block converted to .22 LR with heavy Douglas match grade barrel and BPCR sights. Only have a few hundred dollars tied up in that. It will hit chicken silhouettes at 200 yards everytime using cross sticks. Would expect nothing less from one of these Sharps and be a whole lot prettier to boot. Anybody know how these rifles with Walther barrels perform? I've got income tax money needing to help stimulate the economy.
Roy  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print